Sustaining the Legacy
The Sustaining the Legacy Campaign and our priorities for action are outlined below as a call to action.
For more than a century, soldiers of Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI) have served Canada and Canadians with distinction. Building on this service the PPCLI Foundation is building the For the Soldier Legacy Fund that can sustain our two main priorities at an annual cost of $300,000:
We offer several ways that you can become involved with this campaign and help to make our vision a reality.
- Opportunities for youth to tour battlefields where Canadian soldier have fought
- Support for cadet corps where youth learn citizenship, discipline, comradery and history
- Educational programs to aid learning about Canada's rich history, including programs designed to send worthy youth to Canadian battlefields.
- Assist soldiers in the transition to civilian life
- Fund research into military related disease such as post-traumatic stress disorder
- Support soldiers and families in need with assistance not otherwise provided by the Department of National Defence of Veterans Affairs Canada
- Assist in the preservation and commemoration of Canada's rich military history.