Each Applicant Must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status, and possess a valid passport with an expiration date later than 1 September 2018. This passport must be in your possession by 1 February 2018.
- Be between the ages of 15 and 17 by 23 March 2018, the first day of the Tour.
- Have no significant medical concerns for travel or touring, and be capable of undertaking walking tours of one kilometer duration.
- Have parent’s or guardian’s approval.
- Have sufficient access to funds to pay for passport, personal expenses, such as beverages and lunches, clothing, surcharges, and souvenirs.
- Carry a well-fitted cadet uniform and smart casual clothing for most occasions.
- As stated in the application process, before the entry deadline of Friday, 30 June, 2017, complete and submit an application and a short biographic essay about a Canadian soldier who served in the Great War 1914-1918, preferably one from the Calgary area or from Southern Alberta. Exceptions can be made for relatives from other parts of Canada.
- Have completed at least one 3-week summer training course or better, be at Bronze Fitness level or better; be recommended, based on merit, by his/her Cadet Unit Commanding Officer or Group Committee Chair; and possess skills for assignment as cadet leader and deputy, photographer/videographer, diarist, etc. to record the experience and agree to sharing it in written and oral reports to a school class, cadet group and a community service organization or cadet unit sponsor organization.
In addition, each participant will be required to adhere to the travel itinerary. No changes in the itinerary will be permitted.